Monday, April 26, 2010

Blog Assignment #16

1.) In this class I have done many things that I have never done before. Being a first time blogger, I can see how blogging in the classroom could be helpful and fun for students. It gives the parents something to look at and see what their child is doing. If a student misses class due to illness, the parents can go on the class blog and see what they are doing that day. Presentations, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, PLN's, and Twitter can also be very helpful in the classroom. There is so much technology available that we do not use in the classroom.
2.) No
3.) No
4.) I would say that this class did excite me in some ways. Learning new things is always exciting in my book. I have learned so much in this class about technology and using technology in the classroom. I feel that I am on my way to being a technologically literate teacher.
5.) No
6.) No
7.) My only suggestions would be to give more detailed instructions on projects so that you are not wandering whether you are doing it right or not.
8.) I believe I am technologically literate to an extent. I do know that I am better at using some technology than others thanks to this class. Right now I would say that I am Good. It's a work in progress.
9.) Well, to maintain what I have learned this semester, I must keep using the technology. As to when I graduate and actually start teaching, I have to just keep learning and using what I have now as a base and continue to build on it.

2 comments:

  1. I think we are all a work in progress Marianne. The problem is that many are unaware of this fact. At least you know:-). That is half the battle.

    I appreciate your comments and I wish you the best. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... keep using the technology!

    Good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete