Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blog Assignment #14



Blogging
Until this semester, I have never blogged before. I have some mixed feelings about blogging. I'm not sure if I will continue to blog once this semester is over. I understand that there is potential use for blogging in the classroom, but I'm not sure I agree with that. Maybe things will be different once I am in the classroom teaching. Right now I don't see when I will have the time to use blogging in the classroom. In order to blog in the classroom, you would have to have access to computers. With the school system here in Mobile, that's not likely to happen. So while I understand the importance and the usefulness of blogging in the classroom, I don't see it possible right now with our school budgets.

Comments4Kids:

"Kayaking at camp
On the second day of camp, we were the last group to go kayaking. When we got there it was low tide so we had more problems to deal with than other groups. I really enjoyed kayaking even though we had to carry them to the beginning of the water."

I wrote "Hello,
My name is Marianne. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 Class at South Alabama. I just wanted to say good job describing what happened on your second day of camp."

Comments4Teachers:
Hi,
My name is Marianne Lane and I'm in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I will be making a post on my blog with a summary on what I have learned from your blog. Here is my blog link:lanemarianneedm310.blogspot.com. I like the concept of these two videos. I think that if we use this idea and ask students these questions, it can help point out what they need to work on.

Hi,
I found this post to be very helpful on what I can personally do this Earth Day. Some of these ideas you can definitely do by yourself or your class. These are great ideas and thanks for sharing them with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about blogging! I think it is a wonderful way to express your feelings and opinions on specific topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you on blogging. It can be useful and all, but at the same time it is not at the top of my priority list! Maybe that will change for me...

    ReplyDelete