Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blog Assignment #12




Reading these blogs has urged me to go outside and look at my surroundings. For Kaia it seems so simple to go outside and take pictures. I can relate to her dad being worried about Kaia being exposed so early in her life. I have younger cousins who are not as careful as they should be while online. There is so much that we can learn from the internet it seems harsh to me to block children from it in schools and at home. I think that if we monitor what they do online and continue to explore options with them, they will be as safe as we can manage. Using this technology in the classroom seems like the future to me. I know now that schools are actually doing this! I had no clue before I started the class that students were actually using blogs, wikis, skype, etc. This is amazing to me because I wonder what technology I will be teaching in the future to my students. What we can do now is to let the students explore and learn through different channels so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment